Cooperative Cosmetology Program
(New Lenox Campus Only)
Open House will be held March 15, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. This two hour informational session is highly recommended for all interested students & parents.Program details will be discussed and registration packets issued.
Three was to reserve your attendance:
- Print and Mail our Open House Flyer. Open House Flyer 2018
- Email your Name, address and phone to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: Open House.
- Call in your reservation to: 815-485-3020 x 1
Questions please contact: Amy Ruff: <email@example.com> (815) 485-3020 x 210
This course will provide students with a head start on a career as a cosmetologist for work in a beauty salon or other facility. This is a cooperative program between Lincoln-Way District 210 and Lockport Township High School district 205. Capri Beauty College provides the facility, instruction, and clinical training required by the Department of Financial and Professional Registration in the State of Illinois. During the course of one academic year, students enroll in three classes at the high school and complete 600 hours of training at Capri Beauty College. An additional 900 hours of training is required after graduation in order to be eligible to take the state examination for a cosmetology license. Students receive classroom instruction on theory and skill development through practical application with clients. High school credit will be given for each successfully completed semester of cosmetology training.
Typical Course Length: 9 months
Typical Course Length after High School Graduation: 6 months
Target Start Date: August 22, 2018
Schedule: Part-Time 19.5 Hours per week Wednesday 12:30pm – 4:30pm Thursday 12:30pm – 4:30pm Friday 12:30pm – 4:30pm Saturday 8:30am – 4:00pm
Schedule after High School Graduation: Full-time 35 hours per week
To be registered for this program, the student must:
- Apply and interview with their High School Family and Consumer Sciences Instructor/Coordinator.
- Have a satisfactory attendance/tardy and discipline record.
- Provide signed parent release forms to the High School Coordinator.
- Apply, interview and complete registration with the Capri Beauty College.
- Sign an Enrollment Agreement with Capri Beauty College.