Winter Class Starting Dates
Oak Forest Campus: January 15, 2019, March 5, 2019.
New Lenox Campus: November 13, 2018, January 15, 2019, March 5, 2019.
Basic Cosmetology Course Curriculum
|Practical Chemical Application / Hair Treatment||500|
|Hair Styling / Hair Dressing||475|
|Shop Management, Sanitation and Interpersonal Relations||200|
Tuition & Fees
2018: Tuition $18,200.00, Registration $50.00, Pivot Point Books, Equipment and LAB access $1,800.00 (includes tax and shipping). 2019: Tuition $18,500.00, Registration $50.00, Pivot Point Books, Equipment and Lab access $1,800.00 (includes tax and shipping).
Class Start Dates
Please contact the campus of your choice for 2019 class start dates.
Oak Forest Campus: 708-687-3020 x 2
New Lenox Campus: 815-485-3020 x 2
Capri in Oak Forest offers three schedules. Students that attend classes 30 hours per week normally complete their coursework in 52.5 weeks. Students that attend classes 19.5 hours per week normally coursework in 81 weeks.
Full-Time Day Schedule: Tuesday thru Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm 30 hours per week for 50.
Part-Time Day Schedule: Wednesday thru Friday 9:00am - 1:00pm and Saturday 8:30am - 4:30pm 19.5 hours per week for 77 weeks.
Part-Time Evening Schedule: Tuesday thru Friday 6:00pm - 9:00pm and Saturday 8:30am - 4:30pm 19.5 hours per week for 77 weeks. Note: This schedule has a set minimum number of students enrolled in order for the schedule to be offered.
Capri in New Lenox offers a full-time and part-time day schedules. Students that attend classes 35 hours per week normally complete their coursework in 45 weeks. Students that attend classes 19 hours per week normally coursework in 83 weeks.
Full Time: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Thursday 12:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. 35 hours per week for 42.5 weeks.
Part-Time Days: Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. 19 hours per week for 79 weeks.
Cosmetology Admission Requirements
- The school admits, as regular students, only persons having an Official Transcript of graduation from a school recognized by the State’s Board of Education providing secondary education (high school, home school or GED). Electronic transcripts verified through Parchment accepted.
- Students must be 16 years or older,
- Complete an Application for Admission, have a personal interview,
- Provide a valid and current Driver’s License or State ID and
- Sign an official enrollment agreement.
Cosmetology Graduation Requirements
A student will be considered a candidate for graduation when the following requirements have been met:
- Complete 1500 clock hours.
- Pass two semi-final exams with a minimum score of 75%
- Pass written final exam and practical exams with a minimum score of 75%
- Complete progress sheet requirements with a minimum score of 75%
- Achieve a Level Four on Clinic Totals.
- Over all GPA 75%
- Final Tuition Payment due for release of Certificate and Transcripts.
Clinic Service Requirements
Becoming a professional cosmetologist requires customer service. The development of a clientele and the sale of retail products are required of all students enrolled in the basic cosmetology program. Capri Beauty College students will be educated in the art of selling service and products and are expected to establish a client base from existing school clients as well as family and friends. On occasion, students are required to provide a model for class credit and/or competition.
Cosmetology State Board Examination
A person is qualified to receive a license as a cosmetologist who has filed an application on forms provided by the Department, pays the required fees, and:
- Is at least l6 years of age;
- Is beyond the age of compulsory school attendance or has received a certificate of graduation from a school providing secondary education, or the recognized equivalent of that certificate;
- Has graduated with 1500 hours in the study of cosmetology from a school of cosmetology approved by the Department; has passed a written examination consisting of 100 multiple choice questions authorized by the Department to determine eligibility to receive a license as a cosmetologist; and has met any other requirements of the Act.
Cosmetology License Renewal Cosmetologists licensed in Illinois are required to complete 14 CEU hours every 2 years.