Capri Beauty College is proud to offer the best and most comprehensive, industry leading, hair and beauty education to our students through Pivot Point training and curriculum. The program comes complete with 12 Pivot Point Cosmetology Fundamental magazine style books, 1 Study Guide and online learning access to Pivot Point LAB.
Pivot Point is a registered service mark and trademark owned by Pivot Point International, Inc.
Basic Cosmetology Course Curriculum
|Practical Chemical Application / Hair Treatment||500|
|Hair Styling / Hair Dressing||475|
|Shop Management, Sanitation and Interpersonal Relations||200|
Tuition & Fees
2022: Tuition $19,500.00, Registration $50.00, Pivot Point Books, Equipment and Lab access $2,250.00 ( includes tax and shipping).
Oak Forest Campus
Class Start Dates and Schedules
Oak Forest Campus: 2022 Start Dates: Jan. 19, March 09, April 27, June 15, Aug. 13, Sept. 21, Nov. 09
The Oak Forest campus offers a full-time day schedule, a part-time 4 day schedule and a part-time 3 day schedule. Students that attend classes 30 hours per week normally complete their coursework in 52.5 weeks. Students that attend classes 19.5 hours per week normally complete their coursework in 81 weeks. Students that attend classes 20.5 hours per week normally complete their coursework in 77 weeks.
Full-Time Day Schedule: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm & Saturday 8:30am-4:30pm.
30 hours per week for 50 weeks.
Part-Time 4 Day Schedule: Wednesday thru Friday 9:00am - 1:00pm
and Saturday 8:30am - 4:30pm 19.5 hours per week for 77 weeks.
Part-Time 3 Day Schedule: Wednesday and Thursday 1:00p.m. - 8:00p.m. & Saturday 8:30am-4:30pm.
20.5 hours per week for 73 weeks.
New Lenox Campus
Class Start Dates and Schedules
New Lenox Campus: 2022 Start Dates: Jan. 18, March 08, April 26, *June 14, *Aug 2, Sept. 20, Nov. 08
The New Lenox campus offers a full-time and part-time day schedule. Students that attend classes 35 hours per week normally complete their coursework in 45 weeks. Students that attend classes 19 hours per week normally coursework in 83 weeks.
Full Time: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Thursday 12:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. 35 hours per week for 42.5 weeks.
Part-Time Days: Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. 19 hours per week for 79 weeks. *Part-Time Schedule not offered for Summer Classes: June & August.
Cosmetology Admission Requirements
- Have a high school transcript, or its equivalent, showing high school completion from a school recognized by the State’s Board of Education providing secondary education or
- Have evidence of completion of home schooling that state law treats as a home or private school.
If the state issues a credential for home schooling, this credential must be provided or
- Have evidence that verification of a foreign student’s high school diploma has been performed by
an outside agency that is qualified to translate documents into English and confirm the academic
equivalence to a U.S. high school diploma.
- If attending under a training agreement with a government agency, school district, and/or other entity, meet the admission requirements set out in the training agreement and/or applicable state licensing or certification regulations.
- Students must be 16 years or older.
Cosmetology Attendance Requirements
- Attendance Minimum is defined as 80%.
- Absence must be called in prior to start time.
- Tardy is marked seven minutes after scheduled start time. Student is allowed to attend classes with quarter hour adjustment to recorded clock hours.
- Late arrival marked 15 minutes after scheduled start time. Student is not allowed to attend classes.
- Approved late arrival is allowed on a case-by-case basis with documentation.
- The time frame in which a student must complete the program may not be more than 125% of the published length of the program, based on 80% attendance Schedule measured in clock hours completed.
- Unexplained absence from school for more than fourteen (14) days shall constitute notice of cancellation. If there is notification of extenuating circumstances. student will be allowed a maximum of 30 days before termination.
Cosmetology Graduation Requirements
A student will be considered a candidate for graduation when the following requirements have been met:
- Complete 1500 clock hours.
- Pass two semi-final exams with a minimum score of 75%
- Pass written final exam and practical exam with a minimum score of 75%
- Complete progress sheet requirement with a minimum final score of 75%
- Achieve a Level Four on Clinic Totals as published in the Catalog of Policies and Procedures.
- Over all GPA 75%
- Made satisfactory payment arrangements on any financial obligations to the school.
Clinic Service Requirements
Becoming a professional cosmetologist requires customer service. The development of a clientele and the sale of retail products are required of all students enrolled in the basic cosmetology program. Capri Beauty College students will be educated in the art of selling service and products and are expected to establish a client base from existing school clients as well as family and friends. On occasion, students are required to provide a model for class credit and/or competition. Students shall not be compensated, including tips, but instead shall receive credit in hours toward graduation.
Cosmetology License Renewal
Cosmetologists licensed in Illinois are required to complete 14 CEU hours every 2 years.