Oak Forest Campus: Nov. 6, 2019 Jan. 15, 2020 March 4, 2020 April 22, 2020 June 10, 2020
New Lenox Campus: Nov. 5th Jan. 14, 2020 March 3, 2020 April 21, 2020 June 9, 2020
Basic Cosmetology Course Curriculum
|Practical Chemical Application / Hair Treatment||500|
|Hair Styling / Hair Dressing||475|
|Shop Management, Sanitation and Interpersonal Relations||200|
Tuition & Fees
2019: Tuition $18,500.00, Registration $50.00, Pivot Point Books, Equipment and Lab access $1,990.00 (eff. July 1, 2019 includes tax and shipping).
Class Start Dates
Please contact the campus for a complete list of 2020 class start dates.
Oak Forest Campus: 708-687-3020 x 2
New Lenox Campus: 815-485-3020 x 2
The Oak Forest campus offers a full-time day schedule, a part-time 4 day schedule and a part-time 3 day schedule. Students that attend classes 30 hours per week normally complete their coursework in 52.5 weeks. Students that attend classes 19.5 hours per week normally complete their coursework in 81 weeks. Students that attend classes 20.5 hours per week normally complete their coursework in 77 weeks.
Full-Time Day Schedule: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm & Saturday 8:30am-4:30pm. 30 hours per week for 50 weeks.
Part-Time 4 Day Schedule: Wednesday thru Friday 9:00am - 1:00pm and Saturday 8:30am - 4:30pm 19.5 hours per week for 77 weeks.
Part-Time 3 Day Schedule: Wednesday and Thursday 1:00p.m. - 8:00p.m. & Saturday 8:30am-4:30pm. 20.5 hours per week for 73 weeks.
The New Lenox campus offers a full-time and part-time day schedule. Students that attend classes 35 hours per week normally complete their coursework in 45 weeks. Students that attend classes 19 hours per week normally coursework in 83 weeks.
Full Time: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Thursday 12:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. 35 hours per week for 42.5 weeks.
Part-Time Days: Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. 19 hours per week for 79 weeks.
Cosmetology Admission Requirements
- Have a high school transcript, or its equivalent, showing high school completion from a school recognized by the State’s Board of Education providing secondary education or
- Have evidence of completion of home schooling that state law treats as a home or private school. If the state issues a credential for home schooling, this credential must be provided or
- Have evidence that verification of a foreign student’s high school diploma has been performed by an outside agency that is qualified to translate documents into English and confirm the academic equivalence to a U.S. high school diploma.
- If attending under a training agreement with a government agency, school district, and/or other entity, meet the admission requirements set out in the training agreement and/or applicable state licensing or certification regulations.
- Students must be 16 years or older.
Cosmetology Graduation Requirements
A student will be considered a candidate for graduation when the following requirements have been met:
a. Complete 1500 clock hours.
b. Pass two semi-final exams with a minimum score of 75%
c. Pass written final exam and practical exam with a minimum score of 75%
d. Complete progress sheet requirement with a minimum final score of 75%
e. Achieve a Level Four on Clinic Totals as published in the Catalog of Policies and Procedures.
f. Over all GPA 75%
g. Made satisfactory payment arrangements on any financial obligations to the school.
Clinic Service Requirements
Becoming a professional cosmetologist requires customer service. The development of a clientele and the sale of retail products are required of all students enrolled in the basic cosmetology program. Capri Beauty College students will be educated in the art of selling service and products and are expected to establish a client base from existing school clients as well as family and friends. On occasion, students are required to provide a model for class credit and/or competition. Students shall not be compensated, including tips, but instead shall receive credit in hours toward graduation.
Cosmetology License Renewal
Cosmetologists licensed in Illinois are required to complete 14 CEU hours every 2 years.