Pivot Point Cosmetology Fundamentals
Capri Beauty College is proud to offer the best and most comprehensive, industry leading hair and beauty education to our students through Pivot Point training and curriculum. The program comes complete with Pivot Point Cosmetology Fundamental magazine style educational library and online learning access.
Pivot Point is a registered service mark and trademark owned by Pivot Point International, Inc.
Cosmetology provides beauty services, such as cutting, coloring, styling hair, massaging and treating the scalp, and may shampoo hair, apply makeup, dress wigs, remove hair, and provide nail and skincare services. It carries an AES interest factor: Artistic, Enterprising, and Social. Artistic occupations typically work with form, design and structure; enterprising occupations frequently involve starting up and carry out projects and social occupations involve working with, communicating with, and teaching people. Cosmetologists also enjoy having the Freedom to Make Decisions in their career and enjoy a lifetime of opportunities in the cosmetology field including:
- Salon Opportunities: Hair Designer, Special Occasion Styling, Color Specialist, Trichologist, Salon Owner
- Spa Opportunities: Nail Technician, Skin Care Specialist
- Travel Opportunities: Platform Artist, Competition Designer, Private Consultant
- Glamorous Opportunities: TV/Motion Picture Designer, Celebrity Designer
- Scientific Opportunities: Manufacturer's Representative, Research Assistant.
- Educational Opportunities: Corporate Education Director, School Owner, Educational Consultant
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Occupational Outlook Handbook, updated February 23, 2021
Education that Works
At Capri Beauty College, your future is our only business. We've been helping people like you prepare for exciting and creative careers in the cosmetology field since 1960:
- Voted 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 Best Beauty School- Best of Chicago Southland, Chicago Tribune.
- Voted 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 Best Beauty School - Southwest Choice Award.
- At Capri Beauty College we use the industry leading Pivot Point curriculum so you receive state-of-the-art training to provide you with the maximum job placement opportunities.
- We offer day or evening schedules, including a new fast track class schedule in cosmetology at New Lenox, to fit your busy lifestyle.
- You can graduate in less than one year or a maximum of 18 months depending on your program.
- At Capri Beauty College you'll enjoy learning from experienced, knowledgeable faculty in small classes which allows for individual attention.
Print your copy of the College's Catalog of Policies and Procedures along with tuition, fees, equipment, class start dates, employment and intern sites.
Capri Beauty College offers several courses of study:
Train for great jobs in the beauty and fashion industry. In cosmetology classes at Capri Beauty College you'll learn the latest hair design, skin care, nail technology techniques from industry-experienced instructors who care about your success.
If you would like to share your cosmetology knowledge and enthusiasm, Capri Beauty College offers a teacher training course for licensed cosmetologists and a teacher training course for licensed cosmetologists with verified employment/experience. In Capri Beauty College's teacher training program you'll work with experienced instructors to learn the skills needed to be a successful beauty school educator.
The Branch Campus in New Lenox has a training agreement with high school districts 205 and 210.
Capri Beauty College offers a State approved internship program. The program allows 150 hours of the 1,500 hour cosmetology curriculum to be spent in an approved salon. The program is available to students who qualify in attendance and grade standards, after a designated time period.
Visits are booked by appointment and generally take one (1) hour. You are welcome to bring one adult guest to your tour. An admission representative will personally talk with you about your college and career goals. Be on-time for your tour or cancel/reschedule 24 hours prior. Maintenance of appointments is seriously considered in the selection of applicants. Failure to maintain or reschedule admission appointments may hinder admission.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Capri Beauty College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law (including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972).